JOB POSTING: VIVA Lanark County Project Coordinator
We are currently seeking a
13 month contract 22.5 hours/week
- Coordinating our new youth volunteer engagement project, VIVA Lanark County (Volunteers Initiating Vitality Across Lanark County)
- Work with 10 local organizations to create meaningful youth volunteer engagement experiences, including how to recruit, train, supervise and evaluate youth volunteers
- Work with 500 youth across Lanark County using an Appreciative Inquiry model to match them with relevant volunteer experiences
- Work with 500 youth across Lanark County to develop their skills and training, including certifications and job skills development
- Coordinate with technical team to create an online web portal where Lanark County groups/organizations can post volunteer roles/opportunities and volunteers can post their profiles. This web portal will include a matching component to allow organizations and volunteers connect more effectively
- Tracking and documenting activities related to project deliverables, including administering evaluation tools
- Reporting to Executive Director and reporting documents for funder
- Non-Profit Volunteer Coordination experience, preferably in a rural community
- Experience working with youth 12-18 years old
- Knowledge of Appreciative Inquiry, particularly in use with youth
- Knowledge and understanding of Restorative Justice and Restorative Practices
- Ability to network and raise the profile of the project
- Comfortable working in a collaborative learning environment
- Highly self-motivated while being an effective team member
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication
- Adaptable and highly organized
The successful candidate must have access to a vehicle and successfully pass a vulnerable sector police background check.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 613-264-1516 by Wed. February 28th 11:59pm.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.